“Knowledge of the whole needs knowledge of its parts, which in turn need knowledge of the whole” (Blaise PASCAL)
Language and T&I play a fundamental role in any of the disciplines taught at university level and can hence function as a major player in an interdisciplinary approach. Interdisciplinarity today becomes a must in education since it is based on the possibility to conceive all that links the different subjects together, as well as the aptitude to contextualize and to globalize knowledge.
With T&I, interdisciplinarity aims not only at opening the barriers between the disciplines, but also transforming what creates those barriers, i.e. the principles which structure knowledge.
Multi-facetted and multilingual education has always helped to improve the finding of creative solutions. After a long period of specialization, it is now time to bridge the gap between disciplines.
- Enhance research & training in new directions;
- Offer new possibilities to carry out collaborative research& training;
- Approach problems from different perspectives and disciplines;
- All that is linked to communication, hence, language and culture.
Key Topics for International Symposium 2016
- Current trends and development in neurological aspects of T&I;
- Interdisciplinary studies in China and Europe;
- Means to improve multilingual+ studies;
- Connections among T&I and other disciplines.